According to experts, the corona pandemic can no longer be stopped. In the sense of a level-headed approach for your child, here are some key points according to the current state of knowledge:
- Serious courses of disease are particularly common among older people with underlying diseases (chemotherapy, heart and lung diseases, diabetes, smoking)
- Most infected persons have only mild courses and are still contagious
- Incubation period up to 2 weeks, patient already contagious before
- Spread of the virus can hardly be prevented due to these properties
- Infection mainly via droplet infection, but also door handles etc., therefore: Avoid crowds of people (including surgeries!) if possible
- Laboratory test in case of reasonable suspicion:
1.) Direct contact with a confirmed infected person
2.) stay in RKI risk areas in the last two weeks
3) clinical evidence of viral pneumonia (even without a measurable risk of exposure)
- If this definition of “suspicion” is met, the following applies: Do not come to the practice unannounced, but contact us in advance by telephone, then make a separate appointment if necessary!
Situation in the health care system:
- The waiting rooms are overcrowded, an infection with the coronavirus in the waiting area cannot be excluded in principle
- Therefore we recommend: Please do not come to the office for harmless minor ailments.